From: bedriemir <bedriemir@gmail.com>
Subject: integer questia
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 02:20:24 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2010-04-23T02:20:24-07:00	[thread overview]

Dear Friends,

I will be very happy si quelue'un peut m'éclairer sur....

what is the relation of root_integer , universal_integer and Integer

I think people are arguing on the definiton - in fact very scientific
-
in the LM

I am getting different explanations from different sources,

what I have understood is

root_integer is a special definition type , it is not root of
anything , just implemented for the supression of ambiguities which
arise with universal_integer, so it should be considered as the base
type of universal_integer and his operators has the priority over
universal_integer . Similar situations arise in some other types too.

universal_integer is the base of all integers. it has examplaires in
integer constants but we can't use its instances. The first operative
type is Integer . The base type of Integer is universal_integer, the
first subtype of Integer is itself, then other subtypes may follow...

is it right or  am I missing something ?

Bedri Doğan Emir (Chem. & Chem.Eng) (Istanbul University)

bedri@bedriemir.com