From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada documentation tools.
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 01:47:38 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2010-11-15T01:47:38-08:00	[thread overview]

On 14 Lis, 23:26, "Peter C. Chapin" <pcc482...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a tool that can extract nicely formatted documentation
> from Ada sources + comments. I'm looking for something that is similar
> in nature to Doxygen or Javadoc. It should be free and it should work on
> Windows. I'm aware of AdaDoc, AdaBrowse, and the documentation generator
> available in GPS. I'm wondering if there are any others I should be
> looking at

With a risk of shameless plug, I will kindly point you to the online
docs for YAMI4:

http://www.inspirel.com/yami4/doc/ada/

These pages were generated directly from *.ads files by a very simple
Tcl script that I have written explicitly for this purpose. I was not
satisfied with the visual presentation style offered by other tools.

The interesting thing about this script is that contrary to other
tools, it does not perform any sophisticated analysis of the spec
source - it only follows some simple text formatting patterns like
indentation and vertical whitespace. On one hand you can consider this
to be a severe limitation, but on the other hand this can be a
motivation to actually format the source code properly. It works well
for me.

The script is not published anywhere, but I will share it with anybody
who needs it, just contact me off the list.

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com