From: kz105@student.cs.york.ac.uk (Jamie)
Subject: Need your help. How to use ada communicate with hardware? ---A beginner
Date: 11 Apr 2002 10:49:45 -0700
Date: 2002-04-11T17:49:46+00:00	[thread overview]

i'm recently learning ada. we have a project needed using computer to
control a machine. the machine has a microcontroller. i need to write
some program to communication with it via RS232 serial link. for
example, i need to ask the status of machine by sending a request, and
the machine will return a string to the computer. but i don't actually
know how to use ada to communicate hardware, becasue i'm a beginner of
programming. some body said that there is a binding to comms port.
could anyone please show me how to use it with some examples. Thanks.