* Configuring A#
@ 2004-02-08 23:55 Tim Rowe
From: Tim Rowe @ 2004-02-08 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems I've not got A# configured properly yet. When I try to use
.NET capabilities with
	with MSSyst.Windows.Forms;
it complains that it can't find mssyst.ads. I've created a string
value in:

 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Ada Core Technologies\MGNAT\Standard
Libraries\

with the name DOTNET  and the value "c:\mgnat\include", and
c:\mgnat\include is indeed where mssyst.ads is to be found, so what am
I missing?

For what it's worth, I'm using AdaGIDE.

TIA,

Tim

* Re: Configuring A#
@ 2004-02-09  9:27 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2004-02-09  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:55:11 +0000, Tim Rowe
<tim@remove_if_not_spam.digitig.co.uk> wrote:

>It seems I've not got A# configured properly yet. When I try to use
>.NET capabilities with
>	with MSSyst.Windows.Forms;
>it complains that it can't find mssyst.ads. I've created a string
>value in:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Ada Core Technologies\MGNAT\Standard
>Libraries\
>
>with the name DOTNET  and the value "c:\mgnat\include", and
>c:\mgnat\include is indeed where mssyst.ads is to be found, so what am
>I missing?
>
>For what it's worth, I'm using AdaGIDE.

Did you set "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ada Core
Technologies\MGNAT\Root" to "c:\mgnat"?

Also path should include "c:\mgnat" and something like
"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322". Then when installing
.NET, it should be the framework first and SDK (if any, not sure one
needs it) second.

P.S. I didn't used A# much, but I've got tests compiled.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Configuring A#
@ 2004-02-09 14:46   ` Tim Rowe
From: Tim Rowe @ 2004-02-09 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:27:44 +0100, Dmitry A. Kazakov
<mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:55:11 +0000, Tim Rowe
><tim@remove_if_not_spam.digitig.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>It seems I've not got A# configured properly yet. When I try to use
>>.NET capabilities with
>>	with MSSyst.Windows.Forms;
>>it complains that it can't find mssyst.ads. I've created a string
>>value in:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Ada Core Technologies\MGNAT\Standard
>>Libraries\
>>
>>with the name DOTNET  and the value "c:\mgnat\include", and
>>c:\mgnat\include is indeed where mssyst.ads is to be found, so what am
>>I missing?
>>
>>For what it's worth, I'm using AdaGIDE.
>
>Did you set "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ada Core
>Technologies\MGNAT\Root" to "c:\mgnat"?
>
>Also path should include "c:\mgnat" and something like
>"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322". Then when installing
>.NET, it should be the framework first and SDK (if any, not sure one
>needs it) second.
>
>P.S. I didn't used A# much, but I've got tests compiled.

The installation instructions say that the path should include
"c:\mgnat\bin" rather than "c\mgnat"; with that difference I've done
all that, and I've checked the path works by invoking ilasm and
gacutils from the command prompt. I already had the framework
installed as I have Visual Studio .NET running.

Is there any way to find out what paths the compiler/linker is
actually searching?

* Re: Configuring A#
@ 2004-02-09 15:51     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2004-02-09 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:46:58 +0000, Tim Rowe
<tim@remove_if_not_spam.digitig.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:27:44 +0100, Dmitry A. Kazakov
><mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:55:11 +0000, Tim Rowe
>><tim@remove_if_not_spam.digitig.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>It seems I've not got A# configured properly yet. When I try to use
>>>.NET capabilities with
>>>	with MSSyst.Windows.Forms;
>>>it complains that it can't find mssyst.ads. I've created a string
>>>value in:
>>>
>>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Ada Core Technologies\MGNAT\Standard
>>>Libraries\
>>>
>>>with the name DOTNET  and the value "c:\mgnat\include", and
>>>c:\mgnat\include is indeed where mssyst.ads is to be found, so what am
>>>I missing?
>>>
>>>For what it's worth, I'm using AdaGIDE.
>>
>>Did you set "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ada Core
>>Technologies\MGNAT\Root" to "c:\mgnat"?
>>
>>Also path should include "c:\mgnat" and something like
>>"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322". Then when installing
>>.NET, it should be the framework first and SDK (if any, not sure one
>>needs it) second.
>>
>>P.S. I didn't used A# much, but I've got tests compiled.
>
>The installation instructions say that the path should include
>"c:\mgnat\bin" rather than "c\mgnat"; with that difference I've done
>all that, and I've checked the path works by invoking ilasm and
>gacutils from the command prompt. I already had the framework
>installed as I have Visual Studio .NET running.

I found that insturctions wrong. But the site referes somewhere a
SIGAda 2003 A# presentation paper in MS-PowerPoint:
"sigada2003_tutorial.ppt". I recall that the link was broken, but I
found its copy by googl-ing. That paper contained correct
instructions. I still have a copy, but I am not sure about copyright
issues.

>Is there any way to find out what paths the compiler/linker is
>actually searching?

I don't know.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Configuring A#
@ 2004-02-10 13:30       ` Tim Rowe
From: Tim Rowe @ 2004-02-10 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:51:06 +0100, Dmitry A. Kazakov
<mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote:

>I found that insturctions wrong. But the site referes somewhere a
>SIGAda 2003 A# presentation paper in MS-PowerPoint:
>"sigada2003_tutorial.ppt". I recall that the link was broken, but I
>found its copy by googl-ing. That paper contained correct
>instructions. I still have a copy, but I am not sure about copyright
>issues.

Thanks; the link worked for me, and the installation is now working
fine.

* Re: Configuring A#
@ 2004-02-11  6:20     ` Anders Wirzenius
From: Anders Wirzenius @ 2004-02-11  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

wrote in message
> The installation instructions say that the path
should include
> "c:\mgnat\bin" rather than "c\mgnat"; with that
difference I've done
> all that, and I've checked the path works by
invoking ilasm and
> gacutils from the command prompt. I already had the
framework
> installed as I have Visual Studio .NET running.

What "installation instructions" are you referring
to?

I followed the instructions under "Download" on
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/a_sharp.html
(which say ... "c:\mgnat\") and got it working on the
first attempt.

Anders