From: "kat-Zygfryd" <6667@wp.pl>
Subject: Re: Ada & Scripting
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 13:23:43 +0200
Date: 2003-05-11T11:24:06+00:00	[thread overview]

"John R. Strohm" <strohm@airmail.net> wrote in message
news:b9lb6p$ihp@library1.airnews.net...
> The implication was that, if a TOTAL non-programmer, who has been strongly
> conditioned to believe that she/he could not program a computer to save
> her/his life, could successfully program in LISP to accomplish day-to-day
> tasks, with no prior formal training in programming *OR* LISP, it CAN'T be
> all that user-unfriendly.

I see that I also needed to include a sarcasm tag in my previous post.

> <sarcasm>Now, I'm sure you have an accurate appraisal of your own
abilities,
> and I have no doubt you are correct when you say that learning to do
casual
> programming in LISP is far beyond your current and potential
> capabilities.</sarcasm>

Learning LISP is far beyond my desire and amount of time for the project.

> But maybe you underestimate your worldbuilders?
> I will point out that one of the standard programming assignments in MIT
> course 6.001 (the freshman EE programming class, required of *ALL*
incoming
> EECS freshmen) is doing, essentially, OBJECT-ORIENTED small-scale
Adventure
> game worldbuilding, in LISP (Scheme dialect, to be precise).  If incoming
> freshment, with typically NO prior experience programming in LISP can do
it,
> maybe your worldbuilders can, too?

Well, I study on PUT not MIT. If you like LISP so much then program in it,
I find it ugly and unfriendly. Of course you can make it a scripting lang.
in a MUD,
you can even make assembler or direct virtual machine code, but what for?
I want the language to be comfortable and fast to develop in.
If you wish to discuss our personal preferences then contact me via mail.

Zygfryd