From: "Marin David Condic" <mcondic.auntie.spam@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Prettty printed reports in MSWindows
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 10:52:43 -0400
Date: 2003-05-03T14:52:44+00:00	[thread overview]

Unfortunately, that's not an Ada question - its a platform question. Ada -
and most other languages I know of - doesn't provide anything specific in
the standard as to how to do formatting of that sort of output. Its
impossible because it all depends on the output devices you're interested
in. Those devices might change on a weekly basis, so its hard to put
anything in the standard.

You could look at making your output in Postscript or HTML or XML or some
other appropriate plain-text markup and using tools after you have the
markup for post processing the documents. You have to look at what is
available on your platform to do that - or what you can reasonably get. But
beyond plain ASCII reports, there isn't much that is standard and supported
everywhere.

MDC
Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/

Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ a c m . o r g

    "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds."
        -- H. Simpson