* Re: [GNAT] Option for chasing some uninitialized variables ?
@ 2003-04-29 11:40 Gautier direct_replies_not_read
From: Gautier direct_replies_not_read @ 2003-04-29 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> >BTW, is there a way to set one of these pragmata with a command_line
> >switch ?
>
>No, not directly.

Meanwhile I found an appropriate compiler option:
  -gnatec?  Specify configuration pragmas file, e.g. -gnatec/x/f.adc
Putting "pragma Initialize_Scalars;" into debug.pra and
adding "-gnatecdebug.pra" besides "-gnatVa" it functions
well. (I also tested with wrong file and pragma names to
see if GNAT reacts, and it does - where did I have this idea ;-) ?).
Thanks again!
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

* Re: [GNAT] Option for chasing some uninitialized variables ?
@ 2003-04-29 10:47 Gautier direct_replies_not_read
From: Gautier direct_replies_not_read @ 2003-04-29 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Vinzent Hoefler:

>You probably mean one of "pragma Normalize_Scalars", "pragma
>Initialize_Scalars" and "-gnatv" (both GNAT-specific).

Thank you very much!
Interesting that "pragma Normalize_Scalars" is standard.

Don't you mean rather "-gnatVa" (validity checking) instead
of "-gnatv" (verbose) ?
BTW, is there a way to set one of these pragmata with a command_line
switch ? I wouldn't like to make two versions (debug/release)
of my sources for a pragma. TIA - Gautier

* [GNAT] Option for chasing some uninitialized variables ?
@ 2003-04-29 10:17 Gautier direct_replies_not_read
From: Gautier direct_replies_not_read @ 2003-04-29 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Hello!
I faintly remember that there is a debug option or pragma
that gives an out-of-range value to uninitialized variables
or record fields, when possible, so that the range check always
raises Constraint_Error when such a value is used before it has
been initialized. Can someone recall its name - if it exists ?
I didn't find it in the docs. TIA!
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm