* Affordable Ada compiler for Motorola  68332?
@ 2003-04-28  7:38 Rune Winther
From: Rune Winther @ 2003-04-28  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I'm considering using a Motorola 68332 based controller (Eyebot) in student
projects, and I am therefore in need of a suitable Ada compiler.  If anyone
can help me find a usable and cheap (academic/educational license?) compiler
I would really appreciate this. I've already got an offer from one vendor
but although there was a 96% discount on the compiler itself, a cost of
�10.000,- for a 2 year _mandatory_ support and maintenance agreement is far
too high.

For simplicity I would prefer a compiler that could be run on a PC under
Windows or Linux.

More information on the Eyebot controller can be found at
http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~braunl/eyebot/.

Best regards,

Rune

Rune Winther, Ph.D.

Associate Professor             Research Scientist
Faculty of Computer Sciences    OECD Halden Reactor Project
Ostfold College
Norway

+47 69215370
rune.winther@hiof.no

* Re: Affordable Ada compiler for Motorola  68332?
@ 2003-04-28 13:27 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-04-28 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Take a look at RTEMS.
  http://www.rtems.com

It's free (without support).  Support is available.  I don't know the cost
of support.

Steve
(The Duck)

@ 2003-04-28 16:01 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-04-28 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Rune Winther" <rune.winther@hiof.no> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm considering using a Motorola 68332 based controller (Eyebot) in student
> projects, and I am therefore in need of a suitable Ada compiler.

I love this; simply because you are writing code, you need an Ada
compiler :). Ada has finally arrived :).

> If anyone can help me find a usable and cheap (academic/educational
> license?) compiler I would really appreciate this.

see www.adaic.org for the complete list of Ada vendors.

I believe GNAT targets the 68k, but it depends on your operating
system.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Affordable Ada compiler for Motorola  68332?
@ 2003-04-28 22:19   ` L. Siever
From: L. Siever @ 2003-04-28 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov> wrote in message

> > If anyone can help me find a usable and cheap (academic/educational
> > license?) compiler I would really appreciate this.
>
> see www.adaic.org for the complete list of Ada vendors.
>
> I believe GNAT targets the 68k, but it depends on your operating
> system.

Looks like MaRTE(a RTOS) has some support for the 68332:

http://marte.unican.es/contents.html#current_developments