From: Austin Obyrne <austin.obyrne@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Should I Box Clever.
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:27:42 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2013-12-11T17:27:42-08:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:30:09 PM UTC, Simon Wright wrote:
> Austin Obyrne <austin.obyrne@hotmail.com> writes: > *This idea of creating mutual databases is valid for any operation system. > > If it hasn't worked for you then there are basic problems still to be > sorted out in the mutual databases (you are not working to such a > scheme obviously but that is the design concept) - it simply cannot go > wrong after being delivered by Alice to Bob (that is using a one-off > secure delivery by trusted courier). Well, I used your program to try to decrypt a ciphertext that you had generated, and it failed. So I don't think it's fair to say that *I* am not working to a scheme.

No. that is fraught with disaster.

I really appreciate your work but for my stuff (perfect in Windows) to work in MAC you must create this concept of mutual data bases right from the start using your 2013 compiler - you would need to rewrite the programs virtually and tease out any incompatibilities that may arise piece by piece.  I am very optimistic that it will work but it needs to be built up from scratch.

I would gladly do this myself but I don't have an Apple Mac computer and the cost of buying one is prohibitive to me at present.

If you want to try doing this I could liaise with it all the way.  That would be a great injection in Ada cryptography a la Mac.  The whole of the MAC society would benefit.

At present you are trying to zoom in at a quite high level and there are very lots of small stumbling blocks arising but they are indeed quite small that can be overcome when confronted as they arise at their own level piecemeal.

I'm finding it very very frustrating equipping myself to do anything more than what I have done to date i.e. using a gnat 311.p compiler (that loads like a dream) to demonstrate my algorithms.

The free Libre.ada.com downloads are a pain in the butt and one risks a download of free malaware to come down with it each time.  The whole scheme is not that user friendly - ideally it shoud be made available for purchase even on a CD ROM rather than downloading.

Please don't give up on the mutual database idea for Apple Mac just yet.

Question: any suggestions on how I might get started with Apple Mac myself as cheaply as possible.

I'm sick of the Libre free downloads and would consider acquiring a computer somehow if I could be guaranteed a compiler on a CD ROM that would install easily.

Many thanks for your great input.

Austin