From: "Alex Gibson" <alxx@ihug.com.au>
Subject: Re: From Ada to C++
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:00:55 +1000
Date: 2003-04-14T10:00:55+10:00	[thread overview]

"Stephane Richard" <stephane.richard@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:4vUla.2451$ah6.1009@nwrdny03.gnilink.net...
> Hi Alex, ,Are you looking to Learn C++ based on what you know in Ada?  or
> are you just looking to find an advancecd level C++ reference material?
>
> I have a document in my hard drive that takes C++ programmers into the Ada
> World, but nmot the other way around.  However I do have a (good
collection)
> of advanced C++ documents.  from beginner's to very advancecd.
>
> if you're looking for something in particular, just let me know what you
> need.  I wouldn't look for a "if I do it this way in Ada, how do I do it
in
> C++" kind of book, that would be "wishfull thinking" at best :-).
>
> You can let me know either here on this group or just email me at the
> address in the From Line of this email :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephane Richard
> Software Developer

Currently learning vhdl, just starting to have a look at Ada.
Intermediate level in c, c++, java and fortran.
Doing more embedded programming lately, assembly(pic and AVR, still learning
8051 asm) and c.

The winavr port of gcc(for Atmel AVR microprocessors - 8 bit)
is pretty good with c ,c++ and a group adding ada support.

Thanks.

Alex Gibson