From: "vincent.diemunsch@gmail.com" <vincent.diemunsch@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada binding to GMP and MPFR
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 05:47:09 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-05-28T05:47:09-07:00	[thread overview]

On 27 mai, 19:47, "John B. Matthews" <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <0d5120bf-7581-4d4b-bdb4-e9d758e3a...@z5g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  "vincent.diemun...@gmail.com" <vincent.diemun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Thanks for your response. I have tried to host in GOOGLE Source :
> >http://code.google.com/p/adabindinggmpmpfr/
> > I will now continue to test it. I would be very interested to recieve
> > comments on it :
> > - on the specification, if it is easy to use and clear,
> > - on the implementation,
> > etc.
>
> Um, the source tree appears to be empty at present; the same is true for
> svn checkout:
>
> <http://code.google.com/p/adabindinggmpmpfr/source/browse/>
>
> Somewhat tangentially, on Mac OS X, GNAT from MacAda looks formpfrand
> gmp in /usr/local/lib. Users may wish to know that the libraries may be
> conveniently built from source using MacPorts:
>
> <http://www.macports.org/>:
> <http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/devel/mpfr/Portfile>
> <http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/devel/gmp/Portfile>
> <http://www.macada.org/>
>
> See also,
>
> <http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/lang/gnat-gcc/Portfile>
>
> --
> John B. Matthews
> trashgod at gmail dot com
> <http://sites.google.com/site/drjohnbmatthews>

Hello John,

I have now added the files in the svn source tree !
I will add a little comment for Mac OS X users.
I still have a little trouble in my sample program for the
"translation"
of the C sample program, with the function mpfr_out_str BUT I find the
example of the Thick Ada Binding quite convincing :

   -- 1) Thick binding version :
   -- Note that we use Integers because they are EXACT values, to
initialize
   -- Multiple precision floats or in computations with the latters
   -- and not float values, that are approximations of real values
with a too
   -- small precision.
   declare
      use MPFR.Floats;
      Fact, Sum : MPFR_Float;
   begin
      Set_Default_Precision (Decimal_Digits => 62);
      Fact := To_MPFR_Float(1);
      Sum  := To_MPFR_Float(1);
      for i in 1 .. 100 loop
         Fact := i * Fact;