From: Hubert <herrdoktor@fumanchu.com>
Subject: Re: New Years 2015 Ada Advocacy Resolutions :)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 15:29:06 -0800
Date: 2015-01-05T15:29:06-08:00	[thread overview]

> 3. A Gnoga based IDE for Ada
> 4. A Gnoga GUI GUI builder
> 5. To promote gcc/ada for Hobby and Professional use

That's a great idea. I had that myself even but of course, I don't have
the capacity to make anything like that for real. But my idea was that
there should be an IDE as simple as Turbo Pascal was in DOS times. That
is still the IDE I am dreaming of when I had too much Afri Cola. It was
simple to use, no complicated configuration files, no project files to
be edited by hand, no project file syntax to understand, just click what
you wanted it to make and it did it.

Also, what's needed in my eyes is a hierarchy tree like Visual Studio or
Slick Edit have it. The way GPS does it with the files at the highest
level is counterproductive because yo have to remember in what file a
particular entity is.

Ad for me, I am currently working on a debug monitor system that allows
a program to print out lots of debug trace info so that the developer
can later view the info under different aspects in multiple windows. I'm
writing this for my main project, a client server game in C++ which has
become quite difficult to debug due to the many worker threads. The
monitor will be in Ada and the SDK in C and Ada

---