From: Anh Vo <anhvofrcaus@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 2005 Books (again probably!)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-04-23T08:43:01-07:00	[thread overview]

On Apr 23, 6:36 am, "Ed Falis" <fa...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:25:44 -0400, Peter Hermann
>
> <ica...@lucky.ihr.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> > John McCabe <j...@nospam.assen.demon.co.uk.nospam> wrote:
> >> Now that Burns/Wellings book has been out for a little while, can
>
> >              out ?
>
> > Concurrent and Real-Time Programming in Ada    see:
> >http://www.cup.cam.ac.uk/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521866972
>
> I think "out" meant "available" in this context.  ;-)
>
> The Burns/Welling book really is excellent on concurrency and RT
> programming, and worth owning. I'd probably still go with the J. Barnes
> book to look into other Ada 05 changes.  Figure you'll scan for what you
> want, rather than read it cover to cover.

I owned both of these books (Programming in Ada 2005 by John Barnes
and Concurrent and Real-Time Programming in Ada by Alan Burns and Andy
Wellings). Of course, I have not read every thing but I did read every
thing about Ada 2005 specially in the area of OOP and concurrency
combination. I am in the process of reading them the second time and
test them out with real codes. I am thinking of writing concurrency
utilities (components) as suggested by Alan Burns. I would suggest
that you look at these books.

AV