From: Peter Hermann <ica2ph@sinus.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: Re: Best language for parallel architectures [was: autoparallelize]
Date: 10 Apr 2003 15:14:26 -0800
Date: 2003-04-10T15:14:26-08:00	[thread overview]

[c.p. moderator: the poster's note crosspost.]

somebody (no insult intended) wrote:
> Some argue that those features further complicate handling parallelism.
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This one made me break my silent observation of a helpless discussion:
Ada has comfortable parallelism (working since 1983!) with automatic
dispatching of parallel tasks to different CPUs easily done by the compiler.
I am wondering why the so-called High-Performance-Fortran-Community
does not realize that fact. incredible.
This said by a Fortran veteran with ample experience in 2 very large
Fortran Finite Element systems.

--
--Peter Hermann(49)0711-685-3611 fax3758 ica2ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
--Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen