* Disappearance of support for QTAda and QT5Ada
@ 2016-04-10  1:50 Roger
From: Roger @ 2016-04-10  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Support for QTAda and QT5Ada, both of which provide excellent Ada interfaces to QT seem to have completely disappeared.
Is there any known reason for these coincidental disappointing events?
Unfortunately there appear to be no reasonable alternatives to these two Ada GUI systems.

* Re: Disappearance of support for QTAda and QT5Ada
@ 2016-04-10  7:40 ` Dirk Heinrichs
From: Dirk Heinrichs @ 2016-04-10  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Roger wrote:

> Support for QTAda and QT5Ada, both of which provide excellent Ada
> interfaces to QT seem to have completely disappeared. Is there any known
> reason for these coincidental disappointing events? Unfortunately there
> appear to be no reasonable alternatives to these two Ada GUI systems.

At least http://www.qtada.com/ is still alive, but it seems development has
stalled at QT4.

The other one, QT[45]Ada, has completely vanished. I wish they had joined
forces...

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
GPG Public Key CB614542 | Jabber: dirk.heinrichs@altum.de

* Re: Disappearance of support for QTAda and QT5Ada
@ 2016-04-10  9:05 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2016-04-10  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Roger wrote:

> Unfortunately there appear to be no reasonable alternatives to these
> two Ada GUI systems.

Well.

There are GNOGA, GtkAda and CLAW, so there are definitely alternatives.
If they are reasonable or not depends on your requirements.

I'm working on a project, where one of the user interface
implementations we are considering is AWS + Templates_Parser.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Acupuncture: a jab well done."

* Re: Disappearance of support for QTAda and QT5Ada
@ 2016-04-11  4:52   ` Roger
From: Roger @ 2016-04-11  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 5:40:09 PM UTC+10, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Roger wrote:
>
> > Support for QTAda and QT5Ada, both of which provide excellent Ada
> > interfaces to QT seem to have completely disappeared. Is there any known
> > reason for these coincidental disappointing events? Unfortunately there
> > appear to be no reasonable alternatives to these two Ada GUI systems.
>
> At least http://www.qtada.com/ is still alive, but it seems development has
> stalled at QT4.
>
> The other one, QT[45]Ada, has completely vanished. I wish they had joined
> forces...
>
> Bye...
>
> 	Dirk
> --
> Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
> GPG Public Key CB614542 | Jabber: dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
> Tox: heini@toxme.se
> Sichere Internetkommunikation: http://www.retroshare.org
> Privacy Handbuch: https://www.privacy-handbuch.de

Yes, I've checked out http://www.qtada.com/ quite a few times over the last year but nothing seems to change except for things disappearing.
So, I'm not very confident of its revival which is a great pity.

* Re: Disappearance of support for QTAda and QT5Ada
@ 2016-04-11  4:54   ` Roger
From: Roger @ 2016-04-11  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 7:05:01 PM UTC+10, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> Roger wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately there appear to be no reasonable alternatives to these
> > two Ada GUI systems.
>
> Well.
>
> There are GNOGA, GtkAda and CLAW, so there are definitely alternatives.
> If they are reasonable or not depends on your requirements.
>
> I'm working on a project, where one of the user interface
> implementations we are considering is AWS + Templates_Parser.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jacob
> --
> "Acupuncture: a jab well done."

Thanks, I'll check out GNOGA and CLAW which I hadn't heard about before.

* Re: Disappearance of support for QTAda and QT5Ada
@ 2016-04-11  9:40     ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2016-04-11  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is also GWindows (as the names suggests, Windows only):

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnavi/

_________________________
Gautier's Ada programming
http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Ada
NB: follow the above link for a valid e-mail address

* Re: Disappearance of support for QTAda and QT5Ada
@ 2016-04-12  4:39 ` Leo Brewin
From: Leo Brewin @ 2016-04-12  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 11:50:39 AM UTC+10, Roger wrote:
> Support for QTAda and QT5Ada, both of which provide excellent Ada interfaces to QT seem to have completely disappeared.
> Is there any known reason for these coincidental disappointing events?
> Unfortunately there appear to be no reasonable alternatives to these two Ada GUI systems.

Do you mean Qt5Ada from Leonid Dullman? If so then the files can be found on Google Drive here

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2QuZLoe-yiPbmNQRl83M1dTRVE&usp=sharing

The above is the link that Leonid gave in his last post to comp.lang.ada

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/comp.lang.ada/qcGs64_cbDE

Cheers,
Leo