* Ada for microprocessors ?
@ 2003-04-04  2:50 Alex Gibson
From: Alex Gibson @ 2003-04-04  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Had a search but haven't been able to find anything..

Seen the thread on the  68hc11

Speciallically looking for ada for ATmel AVR , pic and  for 8051 micros.

For the AVRs there is a gcc port also wondering if there is a way of
patching
this to add or support ada
http://winavr.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr

AVR devices
http://www.avrfreaks.com/Devices/index.php

Been using vhdl and like the snytax and thought
I'd have a look at ada.

Thank you

Alex Gibson

* Re: Ada for microprocessors ?
@ 2003-04-04 13:01 ` Rolf Ebert
From: Rolf Ebert @ 2003-04-04 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Alex Gibson" <alxx@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:<b6itrg$anp$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>...
> Speciallically looking for ada for ATmel AVR , pic and  for 8051 micros.
>
> For the AVRs there is a gcc port also wondering if there is a way of
> patching
> this to add or support ada
> http://winavr.sourceforge.net/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr
>
> AVR devices
> http://www.avrfreaks.com/Devices/index.php

I started a project some months ago to port gcc/gnat to AVR targets.
See
   http://tech.ebert-langer.de/avr-gnat.html.
Recently the project was named AVR-Ada and moved to SourceForge at
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/avr-ada/

The corresponding mailing list has quite low traffic as we are only
three right now.  Support is alway welcome....

    Rolf

* Re: Ada for microprocessors ?
@ 2003-04-04 14:38   ` Alex Gibson
From: Alex Gibson @ 2003-04-04 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Rolf Ebert" <rolf.ebert@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Alex Gibson" <alxx@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> > Speciallically looking for ada for ATmel AVR , pic and  for 8051 micros.
> >
> > For the AVRs there is a gcc port also wondering if there is a way of
> > patching
> > this to add or support ada
> > http://winavr.sourceforge.net/
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr
> >
> > AVR devices
> > http://www.avrfreaks.com/Devices/index.php
> >

> I started a project some months ago to port gcc/gnat to AVR targets.
> See
>    http://tech.ebert-langer.de/avr-gnat.html.
> Recently the project was named AVR-Ada and moved to SourceForge at
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/avr-ada/
>
> The corresponding mailing list has quite low traffic as we are only
> three right now.  Support is alway welcome....
>

>     Rolf

Great!

I don't think I'll be much use developing but
I'm happy to give a hand testing.

Alex