From: "Les" <les.britten@talk21.com>
Subject: Ada, Com Ports and Modems
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:21:45 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2003-03-20T11:21:45+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I am a final year student studying at the University of Portsmouth.  I am
trying to get Ada to communicate to my modem with query AT or ATI and get a
response OK back..  I have tried direct_IO and sequential_IO but to no luck.

I have had a look at Stephe's COM port stuff
(http://users.erols.com/leakstan/Stephe/) and it looked like it will be
harder to do than I first thought.  Do I need to go though modem drivers or
can I just send the AT command to the COM port (witch the modem is on) and
get the response back.

I'm not a great programmer (more of a business student) so any help, example
code would be very grateful, and if you can keep it relatively simple I'd
really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Les