From: Oliver Kellogg <okellogg@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: "shadow" package hierarchy using renaming of child packages
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 01:29:25 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-07-01T01:29:25-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:43:59 PM UTC+2, AdaMagica wrote:

> So was I. But you cannot use a renaming as a parent of a further package.
> So there is no real way to mix two package trees.

Understood. Still, even just one level of child packages would seem interesting. For this to work, IMHO there must be some notion of "structural equivalence" of the shadow root with respect to the original root. In the example, apparently the declaration "subtype T is Foo.T;" in the Shadow package spec creates the structural equivalence.

Meanwhile, I've been able to successfully build the example using an old Apex-3.2.0b.

I'm still not sure of chapter and verse in the RM that defines this.

-- Oliver