* Detailed Procedure for AdaCore GNAT GPL on Ubuntu Linux Now Available OnLine
@ 2014-10-08 20:58 brbarkstrom
From: brbarkstrom @ 2014-10-08 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Phil Webb was kind enough to provide a URL where the current version of
my documentation can be obtained

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/479487/GNAT-Installation%20v1.5.pdf

He cautions that the URL is not a permanent archival location, so it may
disappear at some point in the future.

[This is intended to make the pdf file more visible than where I'd put
the notice before.]

Bruce B.

* Re: Detailed Procedure for AdaCore GNAT GPL on Ubuntu Linux Now Available OnLine
@ 2014-10-09 11:22 ` Dirk Heinrichs
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Dirk Heinrichs @ 2014-10-09 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

brbarkstrom@gmail.com wrote:

> He cautions that the URL is not a permanent archival location, so it may
> disappear at some point in the future.

This looks like a TeX document. Maybe you could put the source on GitHub...

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
Tel: +49 (0)2471 209385 | Mobil: +49 (0)176 34473913

* Re: Detailed Procedure for AdaCore GNAT GPL on Ubuntu Linux Now Available OnLine
@ 2014-10-09 14:38 ` brbarkstrom
From: brbarkstrom @ 2014-10-09 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:58:52 PM UTC-4, brbar...@gmail.com wrote:
> Phil Webb was kind enough to provide a URL where the current version of
>
> my documentation can be obtained
>

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/479487/GNAT-Installation%20v1.5.pdf
>

> He cautions that the URL is not a permanent archival location, so it may
>
> disappear at some point in the future.
>

> [This is intended to make the pdf file more visible than where I'd put
>
> the notice before.]
>

> Bruce B.

Ironically, I'm using PdfLaTeX with a customized natbib bibliography
package, a large .bib BibTeX bibliography database (most of which isn't
needed for this document) and a Palatino font TeX package, plus the
report.sty and the report.cls files.  The issue of what to put into GitHub
is roughly equivalent to the issues associated with package updates on the
Linux distribution.  In this case, it isn't that any of this is proprietary.
Rather, if people who wanted the original .tex file aren't fairly familiar with
LaTeX (or, more carefully, PdfLaTeX), they may have an interesting time
modifying the document.  I won't have time to deal with this in the next
week or so.  I use my LaTeX configuration every day, so it was much easier
and faster for me to write the document with my familiar tools.  Plus, I've
used TeX for nearly thirty years, so I've got a lot of the TeX macros
memorized.

Let me think about it.  In principle, you're probably correct on what I should
do.  The problem is I need to return to writing other things, as well as
designing and implementing a Monte Carlo algorithm for a simulation
(in Ada, of course).

@ 2014-10-10 14:57 ` Dirk Heinrichs
From: Dirk Heinrichs @ 2014-10-10 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

brbarkstrom@gmail.com wrote:

> [This is intended to make the pdf file more visible than where I'd put
> the notice before.]

After having read the first chapter, I wonder whether you would be
interested in some feedback.

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
Tel: +49 (0)2471 209385 | Mobil: +49 (0)176 34473913
GPG Public Key CB614542 | Jabber: dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
Tox: heini@toxme.se
Sichere Internetkommunikation: http://www.retroshare.org
Privacy Handbuch: https://www.privacy-handbuch.de

* Re: Detailed Procedure for AdaCore GNAT GPL on Ubuntu Linux Now Available OnLine
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-10-19 21:28 ` brbarkstrom
From: brbarkstrom @ 2014-10-19 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:58:52 PM UTC-4, brbar...@gmail.com wrote:
> Phil Webb was kind enough to provide a URL where the current version of
>
> my documentation can be obtained
>

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/479487/GNAT-Installation%20v1.5.pdf
>

> He cautions that the URL is not a permanent archival location, so it may
>
> disappear at some point in the future.
>

> [This is intended to make the pdf file more visible than where I'd put
>
> the notice before.]
>

> Bruce B.

Certainly, assuming it's civilized.  I've been off taking a break from
the installation exploration by installing AdaCore GNAT GPL on an Intel
Atom (dual core, 64-bit).  Haven't finished testing or comparing timings,
but that will come.  The box I've got isn't really suitable for GUI work,
but may be surprisingly useful for numerical work and for construction
of Linux Beowulf clusters.

Bruce B.