* How to find remote job as Ada-developer?
@ 2018-06-04  6:15 eduardsapotski
From: eduardsapotski @ 2018-06-04  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have more than ten years of experience in programming.
Mainly programmed on C# and Java.
Very long ago I programmed Atmel-microcontrollers on C-language.
In recent times I'm sick of Java and C#.
A year ago I met Ada-language. I like everything!
Ada is the most correct programming language I have ever met!
While using Ada-language only in their small projects.

I have no experience of industrial development in Ada-language. How to get it?
There are no vacancies for Ada-developers in my region.

I'm not really interested in money. I am willing to work for a nominal fee, only to gain experience.

Who can that advise?

Thanks!

* Re: How to find remote job as Ada-developer?
@ 2018-06-04  6:28 ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2018-06-04  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 4 June 2018 07:15:28 UTC+1, eduards...@gmail.com  wrote:
> I have more than ten years of experience in programming.
> Mainly programmed on C# and Java.
> Very long ago I programmed Atmel-microcontrollers on C-language.
> In recent times I'm sick of Java and C#.
> A year ago I met Ada-language. I like everything!
> Ada is the most correct programming language I have ever met!
> While using Ada-language only in their small projects.
>
> I have no experience of industrial development in Ada-language. How to get it?
> There are no vacancies for Ada-developers in my region.
>
> I'm not really interested in money. I am willing to work for a nominal fee, only to gain experience.
>
> Who can that advise?

You're basically stuck with military, aerospace, some car company's and train company's, I think there's some medical equipment out there using Ada.

Ada is just not advertised enough.

* Re: How to find remote job as Ada-developer?
@ 2018-06-04  6:49 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2018-06-04  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

eduardsapotski@gmail.com writes:

> I have no experience of industrial development in Ada-language. How to
> get it?

Check out the list of companies AdaCore advertises as their customers.

See if you would be willing to move to any of their locations.

Check if they have open positions and apply - or send them unsolicited
applications.

I doubt that you will get a remote position without documented
experience in Ada.  Even with documented Ada experience, it is hard.
And for big projects, you should expect 6-24 months on-site just to get
to know the project well enough to be able to work independently.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"I have no prejudice except against Pakistanis, which is normal."