* gnat 3.15 and opengl (WindowsXP)
@ 2003-03-05 16:16 Etienne Baudin
From: Etienne Baudin @ 2003-03-05 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone is using opengl with gnat 3.15 under windows XP.
 I first tried to compile with the old binding, but there is a problem at
runtime : the OS requests II.dll (bug ?).
So I got the new binding but I had compiling problem : all the gl references
(I passed to the linker the right path to the static libraries) are
unresolved. Then, I changed the import(C) to Import(Stdcall) (as in the old
binding), and the linking worked. But now, there is still the same
bug/problem : a dialog box asked for the II.dll.

Does anyone have solution (or a part... ) or should I return to gnat 3.13 ?

Thanks
Etienne

* Re: gnat 3.15 and opengl (WindowsXP)
@ 2003-03-06  2:29 ` Aurele Vitali
From: Aurele Vitali @ 2003-03-06  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Etienne Baudin" <pfoxNO@SPAMfree.fr> wrote in message news:<b457st$7l2$1@news-reader10.wanadoo.fr>...
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know if anyone is using opengl with gnat 3.15 under windows XP.
>  I first tried to compile with the old binding, but there is a problem at
> runtime : the OS requests II.dll (bug ?).
> So I got the new binding but I had compiling problem : all the gl references
> (I passed to the linker the right path to the static libraries) are
> unresolved. Then, I changed the import(C) to Import(Stdcall) (as in the old
> binding), and the linking worked. But now, there is still the same
> bug/problem : a dialog box asked for the II.dll.
>
> Does anyone have solution (or a part... ) or should I return to gnat 3.13 ?
>
> Thanks
> Etienne

I compiled a couple of windowed and fullscreen OpenGL application
prototypes using the older Win32Ada OpenGL bilding and they run just
fine under Windows XP. Don't know what this II.dll is all about. Might
it be related to your video card??

* Re: gnat 3.15 and opengl (WindowsXP)
@ 2003-03-06 12:22   ` Etienne Baudin
From: Etienne Baudin @ 2003-03-06 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I compiled a couple of windowed and fullscreen OpenGL application
> prototypes using the older Win32Ada OpenGL bilding and they run just
> fine under Windows XP. Don't know what this II.dll is all about. Might
> it be related to your video card??

I found the solution on fr.comp.lang.Ada. The Jerry van Dijk glut
static&dynamic library were built with a bugged dlltool.
It works fine with this glut version
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/archive/glut32.tar.gz

Thanks
Etienne