* Find_Token needs another argument
@ 2011-12-23 20:55 brian.b.mcguinness
From: brian.b.mcguinness @ 2011-12-23 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Find_Token should take a "From" argument specifying the index where
the search is to start so you don't have to keep slicing the string to
find multiple tokens.

Given the current need for slicing, it looks as if it might be more
efficient to use Index to scan for nondelimiter and delimiter chars.

--- Brian

* Re: Find_Token needs another argument
@ 2011-12-24  2:35 ` Adam Beneschan
From: Adam Beneschan @ 2011-12-24  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Dec 23, 12:55 pm, "brian.b.mcguinn...@lmco.com"
<brian.b.mcguinn...@lmco.com> wrote:
> Find_Token should take a "From" argument specifying the index where
> the search is to start so you don't have to keep slicing the string to
> find multiple tokens.

It's been done in Ada 2012 already.

                     -- Adam

* Re: Find_Token needs another argument
@ 2011-12-24 18:05   ` brian.b.mcguinness
From: brian.b.mcguinness @ 2011-12-24 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, thanks.  I found an Ada 2012 manual online and located
the new version of Find_Token.  It seems to work fine in
gnat.

--- Brian