* Looking for ADA code explorer
@ 2008-12-11 19:04 patrick.gunia
From: patrick.gunia @ 2008-12-11 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I´m new to ADA and I have to analyze a pretty big piece of software
written in ADA. As a start point I´d like to have an analyze tool
which is able to graphically visualize all procedure and function
calls to get a first impression of the system. Though I have searched
quite a long time I wasn´t able to find such a tool for ADA. Could you
help me? As I´m still a student open source software would be nice as
I don´t have enough money to pay for industrial tools.

Thanks for your help,
Patrick

* Re: Looking for ADA code explorer
@ 2008-12-11 20:59 ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2008-12-11 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you register at libre.adacore.com, you can download GNAT and GPS.  GPS
allows this kind of visualization with it call graph view.

* Re: Looking for ADA code explorer
@ 2008-12-11 23:01 ` Britt Snodgrass
From: Britt Snodgrass @ 2008-12-11 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can download a 15-day evaluation of Understand 2.0 from
http://www.scitools.com. Its a very good multilanguage tool and its
"Butterfly graphs" and "Control Flow" graphical views are very nice.
You can create a HTML version of all the Ada source in your project
and keep it as a reference.

- Britt

* Re: Looking for ADA code explorer
@ 2008-12-12  9:19   ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2008-12-12  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed Falis a ï¿œcrit :
> If you register at libre.adacore.com, you can download GNAT and GPS.
> GPS allows this kind of visualization with it call graph view.

Understand for Ada is also a very nice tool. It is not free, but you can
ask for an evaluation version (limited in time, not in capacity).

            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)

* Re: Looking for ADA code explorer
@ 2008-12-18 14:44     ` patrick.gunia
From: patrick.gunia @ 2008-12-18 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a lot for your help, I tried the GNAT functionality which didn
´t work completely. Some entities couldn´t be analyzed and displayed.
Understand really is a very nice program. The visualizaiton
functionality works great.