From: joakimds@kth.se
Subject: Re: Profiling Ada applications using gprof
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 07:32:52 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2018-12-05T07:32:52-08:00	[thread overview]

> Isn't a or missing before delay 10.0? The rendoz-vous will always take 10 sec. > And then you can skip the do thing:

That's correct but consider the following thought experiment: Imagine being new in an Ada project with a mature code base which has been worked on for 20+ years and is around 2 million lines of Ada code. Imagine it takes a long time to shut down the application and the question is how to quickly find out why. Maybe somebody has put a long running calculation by mistake inside an entry call like in the example above where a delay statement has been used instead to simulate work being done. How is there any hope to find out quickly in the huge code base if it isn't possible in the tiny example code I have provided in the original post? How can one avoid manual inspection/review?