From: "Alexander Boucke" <alexb@lufmech.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject: Re: Gnat: system__finalization_implementation__finalize_list
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:17:08 +0100
Date: 2003-01-31T10:17:15+00:00	[thread overview]

>> Try it with a normal 'main procedure', just for kicks.
>
>Shouldn't matter.

It doesn't (always) matter...

>(1) I compiled my program whose effectively main rountine is not a
>procedure but a begin...end block of a package specifically designed to
>be used as the main rountine. It is perfectly legal accordingly ARM
>(however not recommended by the style guide which I not obliged to
>follow).
>
>(2) I executed a properly linked executable with no library level
>procedures. It is legal.
>
>It is Gnat whose manual I have read, and theoretically should work
>correctly.

Hi,
I've had exactly the same problem using gnat-3.13p and the Booch Components
(bc-20000219). When using the managed memory pools from the components the
program would not close *after* executing all my code correctly. In the
debugger I've seen this error then... For me the occurence of this error
depends on the size of my lists and can (seemingly) be avoided using
unmanaged storage. And gnat-3.14p, gnat-3.15p and gcc-3.2-gnat do not work
at all for me due to compiler errors :-(

So it might be an Error in the compiler finalization code or probably a
problem with the booch components itself. But I did not find the time to
look more closely yet.

Otherwise I am very pleased with Ada and gnat, looking at a colleague and
his C++ struggles :-)

Regards,
Alexander