From: Peter_Klein@p83.confusion.fido.de (Peter Klein)
Subject: Scope of ACVC validation
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 22:30:00 +0200
Date: 1994-09-19T22:30:00+02:00	[thread overview]

Sorry for putting the same question out again, but I ran into problems
with my Internet feed before I could collect replies.

I'd be interested in getting some expert's opinion on ACVC validation
scope:

If a compiler vendor gets validation for a 680x0 cross compilation system
with a Run Time Executive for a specific VME board, what does this mean
for a different target system, say a multi-CPU system with an extended Run
Time Executive?

Which kind of testing on the extended Run Time Executive would one expect
to support the assumption, that the system can also be considered
validated for a different target?

I know, that validation does not specifically attack RTE function, but
certain Ada constructs (e. g. tasking, exception handling) implicitely
involve the Run Time Executive, hence ACVC validation should cover a fair
amount.

Tanks in advance for any helpful reply!

Cheers from Edinburgh, capital of Scotland,

Peter

Please reply to Peter_Klein@confusion.fido.de or in this forum.