From: "Chad R. Meiners" <crmeiners@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Feedback wanted: Breakout game using SDL
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:00:40 -0500
Date: 2003-01-16T10:00:40-05:00	[thread overview]

"Preben Randhol" <randhol+news@pvv.org> wrote in message
news:slrnb2d68n.e5.randhol+news@kiuk0152.chembio.ntnu.no...

> I'm trying to compile the game on Linux, but since you have used mixed
> cases of the file names it makes it hard. However I found that unzip -LL
> will force the names to lower case. At any rate, please convert all
> filenames to lowercase so that there is no problems with this (some
> versions of unzip might not have the -LL switch).

Yes, I am sorry about that.  I just found the naming configuration pragmas
for GNAT so I will try to add a gnat.adc file in a future release.  If that
does not work I will look into renaming all the files in the sourceforge cvs
tree.

> I'm a bit confused as to why I must have the AdaSDL thin binding and the
> AdaSDL thick binding? Would it be possible to merge them so that one
> only need the thick binding?

It would be possible to merge the two, but I didn't want to repeat all the
work accomplished in the thin binding.  Anyway the thick binding abstracts
most of SDL's functionality and hides a lot of details.  If someone wants to
use functionality that isn't supported by the thick they can write a new
child package in the thick binding and leverage the work done in the thin
binding.

> Anyway keep up the good work! I'll give more feedback when I have
> managed to compile the program.

Thank you!  I appreciate your effort.

-CRM