* Directory Listing
@ 2003-01-14 21:02 Rick Selby
From: Rick Selby @ 2003-01-14 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've been searching around for a solution to this for a while, and finally
remembered about newsgroups...

Basically I'd like a program that I can run in a directory, that will be
able to read in the names of the files in the directory, do stuff with them,
then create some directories and move the files around.

Obviously the 'doing stuff with them' bit I know I can do... but is anything
else remotely possible in Ada? I'd like to use Ada because, well, I know it,
and although I'm pretty sure it could be done in C I haven't the foggiest
where to start there.

And I think I remember a command to run dos programs, so the creating
directories and moving files seems reasonable, if only I knew what the file
names were...

Oh I'm running under Windows with Gnat.

Cheers,
--Rick

* Re: Directory Listing
@ 2003-01-15  6:06 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2003-01-15  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> See the packages GNAT.OS_Lib and GNAT.Directory_Operations. You can
> find the package specs in
> GNAT/lib/gcc-lib/pentium-mingw32msv/2.8.1/adainclude/
>
> It would be nice if the GNAT user's guide had a list of these useful
> libraries, but it doesn't. There are lots more there ...

The top secret Gnat Reference Manual has this list.