From: Ed Cogburn <ecogburn@xtn.net>
Subject: Re: gdb 5.2.1 doesn't know Ada, gcc 3.2.1 does
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 15:46:58 -0500
Date: 2003-01-01T15:46:58-05:00	[thread overview]

Harry Rockefeller wrote:
> harryr@ssd.fsi.com (Harry Rockefeller) wrote in message news:<d9a42677.0212281447.7d77da47@posting.google.com>...
>
> I was wondering why there was no response.  I think I
> misdiagnosed the problem and so will provide a bit more
> detail too.
>

>>I have a gentoo Linux system and applied the
>>bugzilla patch to get Ada built into gcc 3.2.1
>

> The problem appears to be here.  When I run gdb 5.2.1 on
> the executable created I get an internal error -
> "unimplemented function unk_lang_create_fundamental_type called"
> when trying to set a breakpoint at a line in my Ada source.
> show lang and info extensions also seemed to indicate that gdb
> was not "Ada aware".

Yes, they are aware of this in the gdb group, because I did a google search on
this error when I saw it and found some discussions about it.  The next gdb
release should fix this problem, I'm sure.  I solved it by downloading the gdb
source and applying a patch I found in one of those discussions to force gdb
to treat it as the C language.  I didn't know about the -gstabs option Waldek
mentioned, so I'll check that out.  Do a google search on
"unk_lang_create_fundamental_type" and you'll find the discussions I found.