From: "Marin David Condic" <mcondic.auntie.spam@acm.org>
Subject: Re: A personal view of SigAda
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:52:07 -0500
Date: 2002-12-19T12:52:42+00:00	[thread overview]

Thanks for the report. What was attendance like? I can remember being at
some of these gigs where there were maybe 1500 or so people. After the
dropping of The Mandate, it looked like more in the neighborhood of 400 or
so - a lot less corporate support to go to the conferences, I guess. I know
that personally I can't get the corporate sponsorship these days to go and
footing the bill onesself makes for a pretty expensive vacation. Maybe it
would help to look into technology to see if there is a way to have "Virtual
Conventions"?

MDC
Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jast.mil/

Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ a c m . o r g

    "I'd trade it all for just a little more"
        --  Charles Montgomery Burns, [4F10]