* Re: How do I get rid of DOS window for Ada95 windoze programs...
       [not found] <bRvJ9.118830$%k2.30570211@twister.socal.rr.com>
@ 2002-12-11  1:15 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2002-12-11  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric wrote:
> I'm not exactly a strong windows programmer (just starting,
> actually) and was wondering how I get rid of the d!@# dosshell
> window when executing a Windows targeted program...

You go to groups.google.com and search comp.lang.ada for the 30,000 or
so threads where this was answered before.

Try passing -mwindows to the linker.

--
Jeff Carter
"From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish."

* Re: How do I get rid of DOS window for Ada95 windoze programs...
@ 2002-12-11  3:26   ` SteveD
From: SteveD @ 2002-12-11  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jeffrey Carter" <jrcarter@acm.org> wrote in message
> Eric wrote:
> > I'm not exactly a strong windows programmer (just starting,
> > actually) and was wondering how I get rid of the d!@# dosshell
> > window when executing a Windows targeted program...
>
> You go to groups.google.com and search comp.lang.ada for the 30,000 or
> so threads where this was answered before.
>
> Try passing -mwindows to the linker.

To be more specific, that's:

  gnatmake programName -largs -mwindows

Steve
(The Duck)

@ 2002-12-11 13:13 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2002-12-11 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try putting this in the declarative region of your main program:

pragma Linker_Options ("-mwindows") ;

You can do something similar from the command line. There should be a
section of the Gnat User's Guide (or other documentation that came with it -
don't have it in front of me to check) that talks specifically about
building apps and dlls for Windows. Also, you can find lots of other
interesting pragmas along the way, so it will pay you to spend a little time
traipsing through it.

MDC

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jast.mil/

Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ a c m . o r g

    "I'd trade it all for just a little more"
        --  Charles Montgomery Burns, [4F10]