From: asmang@CRAZYSPAMmail.wm.edu (Arun Mangalam)
Subject: Re: Laser printing from ADA (Windows)
Date: 1998/10/28
Date: 1998-10-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <36373bbe.408787@SantaClara01.news.InterNex.Net>,
tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran) wrote:

>I'd like to point out that the quote-count ">>" is incorrect here.  I
>did not say anything about anybody's misunderstanding - that was
>Dennison's comment.

I'm sincerely sorry. I saw my mistake as soon as I saw the original. In
any case, my reply was almost accurate since your reply did have
unnecessary sarcasm, unless you really didn't know what was meant by [sic]
"Bazar".

>> Making everything public domain (in which
>>you can and probably should contribute) is one of the reasons other
>>languages such as C and C++ have taken off
>
>  Having paid for the vast majority of my C coded programs, I'm
>surprised to hear that everything in C and C++ is public domain.

I'm pretty sure your paid-for C-coded programs are more complicated than
just printing code. If not, well, either you are well-endowed or the
company or organization you work for is well-endowed. :)

In any case, I'm sure I can find public-domain code out there for the
simple WinAPI functions such as printing for C as well as C++. That is not
to say C or C++ is better or their users are better. In fact, your
to get such simple printing functions working with Ada. I have looked at
CLAW, and I think their comprehensive framework is probably very good. I
would like just a very simple implementation of print if someone has it
around, so I can just play around wth it. In fact, the first thing I tried
to do with GNAT as soon as I installed it on my Win95 machine is find out
how well it interfaces with Win95 as is. I would love to create interfaces
for it for the Macintosh. Anyway, I digress...

--
asmang@CRAZYSPAMmail.wm.edu
remove the CRAZYSPAM to reply.