* unable to find a downloadable of aflex/ayacc
@ 2004-03-24 14:40 Wurbel Eric
From: Wurbel Eric @ 2004-03-24 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I'm in search of a lex/yacc equivalent for ADA.
After an extensive search on the net, The only tool
I found is aflex/ayacc, but I am unable to download it
(the server ftp://liege.ics.uci.edu/ seems to reject anonymous
connections).

Any clues ?

Eric
--
ï¿œric Wï¿œrbel, http://sis.univ-tln.fr/~wurbel/, Tel:0494142887
Universitᅵ de Toulon et du Var, Avenue de l'universitᅵ, 83957 La Garde Cedex

* Re: unable to find a downloadable of aflex/ayacc
@ 2004-03-24 14:42 ` Frank
From: Frank @ 2004-03-24 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I dont read French, but ayacc/flex is mentioned here and appeare to be
accessable.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Frank

"Wurbel Eric" <wurbel@univ-tln.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm in search of a lex/yacc equivalent for ADA.
> After an extensive search on the net, The only tool
> I found is aflex/ayacc, but I am unable to download it
> (the server ftp://liege.ics.uci.edu/ seems to reject anonymous
> connections).
>
> Any clues ?
>
> Eric
> --
> �ric W�rbel, http://sis.univ-tln.fr/~wurbel/, Tel:0494142887
> Universit� de Toulon et du Var, Avenue de l'universit�, 83957 La Garde
Cedex

@ 2004-03-24 15:01   ` Wurbel Eric
From: Wurbel Eric @ 2004-03-24 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:42:25 +0100, Frank a ᅵcritᅵ:

> Hi
> I dont read French, but ayacc/flex is mentioned here and appeare to be
> accessable.
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Thanks a lot.
I read french and the available version is targeted for GNAT,
which is what I was looking for.

Eric
--

@ 2004-03-24 22:04     ` Jeff
From: Jeff @ 2004-03-24 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wurbel Eric <wurbel@univ-tln.fr> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.03.24.15.01.10.516803@univ-tln.fr>...
> Le Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:42:25 +0100, Frank a �crit�:
>
> > Hi
> > I dont read French, but ayacc/flex is mentioned here and appeare to be
> > accessable.
> > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

There is also a version at
http://www.macada.org/tools.html#Anchor_Aflex_Ayacc with PDF
documentation.

* Re: unable to find a downloadable of aflex/ayacc
@ 2004-03-29 13:58       ` Craig Carey
From: Craig Carey @ 2004-03-29 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24 Mar 2004 14:04:10 -0800, jeff.huter@bigfoot.com (Jeff) wrote:

>Wurbel Eric <wurbel@univ-tln.fr> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.03.24.15.01.10.516803@univ-tln.fr>...
>> Le Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:42:25 +0100, Frank a �crit�:
>>
>> > Hi
>> > I don't read French, but ayacc/flex is mentioned here and appears to be
>> > accessible.
>> > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html
>> >

>There is also a version at
>http://www.macada.org/tools.html#Anchor_Aflex_Ayacc with PDF
>documentation.

It has PDFs.

The directory has gzipped "Mach-O executable ppc" documents instead of
Ada 95 files (so implies my GNU Cygwin 'file.exe' program).
It might not be the latest and so lack the 'UMASS' extensions.

There seems to be a merged edited version of the Yacc Ada parser in this
 file (also Adgoop was updated):

   http://www.ijs.co.nz/code/ada95_adagoop_parser.zip

AYacc would have user's Ada code be inside of a case statement inside of
a loop statement.
Adagoop would instead create Ada code that creates a tree on the heap
having nodes that are tagged records, (one for each main Yacc entry).

    -  Craig Carey