From: "Marin David Condic" <mcondic.auntie.spam@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Renames: use of it....
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:57:45 -0500
Date: 2002-11-26T12:58:29+00:00	[thread overview]

Looks like something that is not a syntactic necessity, so it was probably
done for some design reason. One excuse is that you may want visibility of
only certain things within a package from some subset of the whole system.
I'd bet money that the original designers didn't leave around much in the
way of design documentation, but if they did, that would be where you'd
likely see the rationale for the COMMANDS package, which would explain why
it exists with renames for things in ACTION_CONTROLER.

MDC
Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jast.mil/

Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ a c m . o r g

    "I'd trade it all for just a little more"
        --  Charles Montgomery Burns, [4F10]