From: "Dr. Michael Paus" <paus@ib-paus.com>
Subject: Re: PDA Ada
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:35:55 +0200
Date: 2002-10-14T11:35:56+00:00	[thread overview]

Rob Veenker wrote:
> The JGNAT solution also applies to Pocket PC devices such as the iPAQ.
> We are about to finish a military application that runs on a ruggedised
> iPAQ. It uses a military radio for data communications and this protocol is
> 100 % Ada. Only the GUI part is Java.

Just for curiousity. Is it possible to tell us which military radio and
which protocol (message standard ?) you are referring to?

> Because the protocol was implemented in Ada, We could use the same code on a
> Windows NT box :-)

Well, I think the same would have been true if the protocol were implemented
in Java :-(

Are you funding ACT for supporting JGNAT. The last I heard is that this product
is not supported anymore due to lack of customer interest. The current version
also does not run anymore on recent Java versions. So you will have to stick
with an outdated Java version which is probably not such a big problem for you
because the one delivered with the iPAQ is also quite old.

Michael