From: "Bernard Azria" <azria@cae.ca>
Subject: Re: "extern" procedure in ada
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:13:46 -0400
Date: 2002-10-02T15:13:48+00:00	[thread overview]

"Jeffrey Carter" <jrcarter@acm.org> wrote in message
> If you have contact with the people writing the library, get a
> specification file from them, with the package, and call it normally.
> That's the easiest, simplest, and safest way to do this. You should only
> try another approach if you absolutely have to.

I have tried to use the spec file of the procedure i am calling in the
library, but the problem is when linking the object files, because this spec
file needs a body file ...
Using spec files twice also gives warning of "multiply defined", but it
seems
we can live with that ...
May be is there a Gnat compilation option, that can used object files of the
spec
files I am "withing", instead of the source files ?

Response to Simon:

Yes, the library is provided with an elaboration adainit procedure.