From: Karel Miklav <karel@inetis.spppambait.com>
Subject: Re: incomplete languages
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:03:02 +0100
Date: 2003-01-14T10:03:02+01:00	[thread overview]

tmoran@acm.org wrote:
>>An application server like web server or an SQL database has to accept
>>data and code from its clients. It can parse scripts, but it generally
>>has no clue about compiled programs and binary objects it receives,
>>unless they are described in another language like IDL, ODL, WSDL or
>>something.
>
>   A server is a program.  It can be as dumb or as smart as you make it.

You're right. It could understand your scripts, you could even make him
to somehow understand compiled Ada code but never a custom serialized
object - without a binding language. And Ada, the language does not
provide it, as far as I'm informed. I'm only learning but the closest
thing I've seen so far is GnatCom. It would be nice if something like
that was built into Ada.

Regards, Karel Miklav