From: "Marin David Condic" <mcondic.auntie.spam@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Distributed programming in heterogeneous platforms
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:55:45 -0400
Date: 2002-09-25T11:56:50+00:00	[thread overview]

Yup. Not to mention all the problems you'll have fitting your average web
page into the 64k-words of memory you get with a Mil-Std-1750a processor.
:-)

Also, with the rapid evolution of Internet standards like XML, a military
program that is going to operate for dozens of years might adopt some spiffy
new standard only to discover that the world races past them to something
else before they've even fielded the system.

MDC
Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jast.mil/

Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ a c m . o r g

    "I'd trade it all for just a little more"
        --  Charles Montgomery Burns, [4F10]