From: "Dr. Michael Paus" <paus@ib-paus.com>
Subject: Re: Question concerning usage of gnatmem
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:38:40 +0200
Date: 2002-09-19T16:38:41+00:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake wrote:
> "Dr. Michael Paus" <paus@ib-paus.com> writes:
>

>>When I run the program I have to stop it via Cntrl-C because this software
>>was designed to run forever and there is no other way to stop it. Does this
>>lead to a corrupt output file?
>

> In general, I suspect the answer is "yes".
>

>>If the output is likely to be corrupt is there any other way to get
>>the memory usage until the time when the program is stopped?
>

> Probably not.
>
> Modify your code; it probably has a top-level forever loop. Change it
> to run 1000 times, or whatever produces useful results.

Well, if it were so easy I would have done that already :-) The program
consists of about 30 tasks all waiting for some input to process and
some of them listening on sockets to receive some data from external
sources. It is not so easy to force this program to terminate without
major changes to the code. If I remember correctly there was a discussion
here recently on how to stop an Ada program. The solution, if there was
any, would be handy here now.

Michael