* US-MN >>> Ada Software Engineers <<<
@ 1999-04-18  0:00 SDC
From: SDC @ 1999-04-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

System Development Consultants

SDC, Inc. is a quality provider of Information Technology and Engineering
professionals on a contract basis.  SDC management is represented by
individuals that have senior level experience in the professions they
serve.  With offices in western Minneapolis and southern California, SDC
is headquartered in Carlsbad, CA and has been serving commercial,
government and military clients since 1990.

Requirement: Ada Software Engineers
Location:    Minneapolis

Long term, good rate.

Our client is looking for several Ada Software Engineers and other Ada
related professionals.  There are openings for both contract and direct
professionals.  Some positions require one or more of Rational APEX,
X/Motif, Quality Aassurance and Test, 3D simulation, Software Development
Process Control, Configuration Management, C and C++, etc.

These are immediate requirements. Must be a US Citizen.

Please contact us immediately.

Contact:  Al Will

SDC, Inc.
PO Box 178
Excelsior, MN 55331

(877) 364-1005 toll free
(612) 470-4211 voice
(612) 470-1822 FAX

email: alwill@ix.netcom.com

* Re: US-MN >>> Ada Software Engineers <<<
@ 1999-04-18  0:00 ` Mich
From: Mich @ 1999-04-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <alwillFAEKKI.D2t@netcom.com>, alwill@netcom.com says...

>Requirement: Ada Software Engineers

>Our client is looking for several Ada Software Engineers and other Ada
>Process Control, Configuration Management, C and C++, etc.

OK, so, are you looking for Ada or C/C++ programmers?
(hard to make up your mind?)

Isn't funny, that every Ada Ad. that says they are
looking for Ada programmer, lists C and C++ in the
skill set?

Does this mean that C/C++ programmers make better Ada
programmers? or does it means the company is moving
to C/C++ from Ada and they need someone to help
them switch?

If I am looking for a C/C++ work, the last thing I
would do is get a job titled "looking for Ada programmer",
because I'll simply be doing C/C++ programming but at the
lower Ada programmer rate and having to work in one of
those mediocre government defense office buildings using
some old run-down PC with 14" monitor to program sitting
in some small cube with 5 others programmers cramped into
it.

Mich.

* Re: US-MN >>> Ada Software Engineers <<<
@ 1999-04-19  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7fdos0$oi@drn.newsguy.com>,
  Mich@nospam wrote:
> If I am looking for a C/C++ work, the last thing I
> would do is get a job titled "looking for Ada
> programmer",
> because I'll simply be doing C/C++ programming but at the
> lower Ada programmer rate and having to work in one of
> those mediocre government defense office buildings using
> some old run-down PC with 14" monitor to program sitting
> in some small cube with 5 others programmers cramped into
> it.
>
> Mich.

That's odd, I have seen VERY good facilities in the
DoD establishments I have visited. But perhaps it depends
on your level of skill, and the kind of environment you
describe is the only one that you can reasonably aspire
to :-)

Seriously, I think you are operating under some very
peculiar misunderstandings of the real state of things.

Indeed, the really bad facilities that I have seen have
all been in commercial companies .. mismanagement of
resources is not a government monopoly :-)

* Re: US-MN >>> Ada Software Engineers <<<
@ 1999-04-19  0:00   ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 1999-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mich@nospam wrote:
> If I am looking for a C/C++ work, the last thing I
> would do is get a job titled "looking for Ada programmer",
> because I'll simply be doing C/C++ programming but at the
> lower Ada programmer rate and having to work in one of
> those mediocre government defense office buildings using
> some old run-down PC with 14" monitor to program sitting
> in some small cube with 5 others programmers cramped into
> it.

I'm guessing from this that C/C++ programmers generally get a private
office with walls & windows overlooking a tropical paradise, their own
secretary/receptionist, a company car, use of the corporate jet and the
keys to the executive restroom? :-)

Boy, I must be in the *wrong* line of work! Anybody care to make me an
offer to switch language/allegiances? ;-)

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

Visit my web page at: http://www.flipag.net/mcondic

* US-MN >>> Ada Software Engineers <<<
@ 1999-05-04  0:00 SDC