From: Georg Bauhaus <sb463ba@l1-hrz.uni-duisburg.de>
Subject: Re: IEEE arithmetic
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:03:53 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2002-09-13T13:03:53+00:00	[thread overview]

Duncan Sands <duncan.sands@math.u-psud.fr> wrote:
: round to +infinity, round to -infinity.  How to change the rounding
: mode in a fairly portable way?  I am happy if the method is specific
: to the GNAT compiler.

I'm not sure whether this might be what you are looking for, but
one of Robert Dewar's students, Sam Figueroa, has written a thesis
about Ada and floating point that might have some relevant information.
(If you don't have this already, and I'm not completely missing the
point :)
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/csweb/Research/Theses/figueroa_sam.ps.gz

--  Georg