From: "Peter C. Chapin" <PChapin@vtc.vsc.edu>
Subject: Re: ACCESS TO SYSTEM VARIABLES
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:32:11 -0500
Date: 2011-03-07T16:32:11-05:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Emile8 wrote:

> It is not a very elegant solution and I should look also at how the
> Ada version of ncurses manages to get the same informations.

When the terminal is resized the programs running in it receive a Unix
signal (SIGWINCH?). By default that signal is ignored. However, one can
install a signal handler for it and then presumably call into the system
(some terminal API) to ask for the new sizes.

I could probably figure out how to do this in C, but I'm not familiar with
how Ada on Unix deals with Unix signals.

Peter