From: Colin Paul Gloster <Colin_Paul_Gloster@ACM.org>
Subject: Have any of you been spammed by Charles River Analytics Inc.?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:15:11 +0000
Date: 2010-05-12T12:15:11+00:00	[thread overview]

Have any of you been spammed by Charles River Analytics Inc.? Could
any of you suggest a suitable lawyer?

An email attributed to Dirk Smith <dsmith@cra.com> dated May 6th, 2010
contained:
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|"[..]                                                                                        |
|                                                                                             |
|[..]                                                                                         |
|[..] It would be helpful if you could                                                        |
|answer these few questions:                                                                  |
|                                                                                             |
|[..]"                                                                                        |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I telephoned Charles River Analytics Inc. last week and I asked how
the email address had been obtained. No attempt at an explanation has
been received so far. It is hypocritical to want me to answer
questions when not even a lone quetion from me has been answered.

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|"Thank you for your consideration.                                                           |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|Dirk                                                                                         |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|Dirk A. D. Smith,                                                                            |
|Charles River Analytics Inc.                                                                 |
|                                                                                             |
|625 Mount Auburn Street                                                                      |
|                                                                                             |
|Cambridge, MA 02138                                                                          |
|                                                                                             |
|Phone: (617) 491-3474,  x539                                                                 |
|                                                                                             |
|Cell: (603) 233-1598                                                                         |
|                                                                                             |
|Fax: (617) 868-0780                                                                          |
|                                                                                             |
|Web: www.cra.com                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|Email: dsmith@cra.com                                                                        |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|                                                                                             |
|THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN   |
|INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.|
|If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly  |
|prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and  |
|notify the sender so that we may correct our records."                                       |

Contacting Charles River Analytics Inc. does not seem to have resulted
in anything so far except a waste of time and money.

Yours sincerely,
Colin Paul Gloster