From: Colin Paul Gloster <Colin_Paul_Gloster@ACM.org>
Subject: Re: Q: Ravenscar Guide
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:18:01 +0000
Date: 2009-11-13T13:18:01+00:00	[thread overview]

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, Georg Bauhaus wrote:

|"Looking for the                                        |
| "Guide for the use of the Ada Ravenscar Profile        |
|  in high integrity systems", ISO/IEC 24718,            |
|I noticed that the German title on the quite official   |
|DIN/Beuth site is different.  It says "highly-integrated|
|systems" for "high integrity systems", in German:       |
| "Leitfaden zu Verwendung des Ada Ravenscar Profils in  |
| hoch-integrierten Systemen" [c&p]                      |
|That's not the same thing, is it?                       |
|Assuming they sell the English original, there is no    |
|issue.  (I think the high officials have asked for the  |
|report to be made freely available.)                    |
|An English report by Burns, Dobbing, and Vardanega      |
|is freely available here and there (York, Karlsruhe)."  |

That is not a correct translation. This would not be the only
mistranslation from English to German. For example, "real-time"
(fixed-time, Festzeit-) is often mistranslated as "Echtzeit"
(actual-time). From Dict.org :
"[..]
5. (Law) Pertaining to things fixed, permanent, or immovable,
        as to lands and tenements; as, real property, in
        distinction from personal or movable property.
        [1913 Webster]
[..]
 9: (of property) fixed or immovable; "real property consists of
          land and buildings; real estate"
[..]"