From: "Peter C. Chapin" <PChapin@vtc.vsc.edu>
Subject: Re: The “Ada 2012” logo: what's its status?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 22:31:15 -0400
Date: 2013-08-26T22:31:15-04:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) wrote:

>> You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or
>> licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or
>> your use of the work).
>
> So this one part means this needs to be attributed to AdaCore, the
> company? This contradicts with the quote you made from the referring
> page:
>
>> In addition, AdaCore waives its right to attribution provided that the
>> Work is used as otherwise authorized under the License.

I think the purpose of the "AdaCore waives its right..." is to override
the general license. After all, the license says you must attribute the
work "in the manner specified by the ... licensor" and here the licensor
says, "no attribution is necessary."

Note: I'm not a lawyer. I don't even play one on TV.

Peter