From: Peter Hermann <ica2ph@iris16.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: Re: Learning Ada-What does this mean.
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:50:32 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2002-09-11T14:50:32+00:00	[thread overview]

Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> vashwath@rediffmail.com (prashna) writes:
>>    type T_MEM_IO is
>>       record
>>          INT_1    : T_INTEGER;
[snip]
> This is a representation clause (see RM.13). It is used to layout the data
> in memory.
>> 2)The code shown above is compiling perfectly when compiled using
>> tartan compiler(on AIX), but giving error when compiled using gnat(on
>> windows 2000).Why is it so?
> Hard to tell without the T_INTEGER definition.

if t_integer is a special tartan compiler type and not imported by
a with clause, then the tartan compiler may not be validated.

Vashwath, you always should send the complete compilation unit!

And to myself: I should not have replied to incomplete code pieces:
I am realizing my "too much speculation".

--
--Peter Hermann(49)0711-685-3611 fax3758 ica2ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
--Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen