From: "Björn Persson" <spam-away@nowhere.nil>
Subject: Company thoughts
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:42:14 GMT
Date: 2004-06-09T14:42:14+00:00	[thread overview]

Andrew Carroll wrote:

> I can't say that I'm 'vaguely' interested in getting experience, I'm
> seeking any experience I can get.

Same here. Being unemployed doesn't stop me from programming and learning.

> I think what you may mean is that
> your vaguely interested in doing work without pay and I can't blame you!

Maybe "vaguely" wasn't the right word. I'm interested in anything that
can get me a job, and if your idea can be made to work it might be an
opportunity for me to get a job, and therefore I'm interested. It's not
the same as thinking that your concept is particularly interesting
compared to other ways of doing business. That's the difference I tried
to express.

> It's all still very preliminary so your ideas are MOST welcomed!!  Did
> you have something in mind?

I have plenty of ideas for software I'd like to write, or that someone
ought to write, if that's what you ask about. Whether one could make
money from them, I don't know. Some of them may already exist
unbeknownst to me. Some of them are:

· A replacement for atd and crond with more flexible scheduling abilities.

· An XML-based unified configuration file format for programs on
Unix-like OSes, with accompanying configuration editors.

· A multi-purpose SIP user agent (for two-way and multi-way audio, video
and text communication). A SIP user agent has to be permanently running
on the user's home computer, listening for calls from the Internet, so
it had better not have any buffer overflows, and therefore shouldn't be
written in C.

--
Björn Persson

jor ers @sv ge.