From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: Ada.Task_Identification.Abort_Task (Environment_Task) ;
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:52:32 -0400
Date: 2002-07-15T12:52:33+00:00	[thread overview]

After some additional experimentation, it seems like maybe I've tripped
across some kind of compiler bug or other unusual condition. I can move the
abort to a different point in the code where I don't have a specific set of
tasks running and it aborts just fine. After I get these tasks started, the
abort has no effect. So whatever is going on, it probably isn't a case of my
not getting the right stuff together in the build process.

Is there any other way of shooting the whole process in the head? It might
be easier to find an alternative than it is to try to sort out a rather
complex set of tasks to create a sufficiently simple demonstration of the
bug. (And there's no telling if it would be readily fixable, so maybe a
workaround is good enough. The entire rest of the code works just fine and
I'm just trying to terminate the program where some tasks may be hung
waiting for data on sockets.)

MDC
--
Marin David Condic