From: dan@irvine.com (Dan Eilers)
Subject: Re: Compilation error with GNAT
Date: 28 Jan 2004 15:07:11 -0800
Date: 2004-01-28T15:07:11-08:00	[thread overview]

bhorowitdevnull@yahoo.com (Ben Horowitz) wrote in message news:<6c8918f3.0401281100.2a000840@posting.google.com>...

>I'm trying to sort through a compilation problem that I'm having with
>Gnat.  I have a large set of source files, some of which are spec
>only, and some of which have both spec and body.  The file that is
>giving me a problem has only a spec.  I am using the XXX.1.ada and
>XXX.2.ada naming convention.
>
>I first try to compile this file using gnatmake and the project file
>below.  Gnat complains that the file has only a spec, so it can't
>generate code.  Later, it reports a compilation error.  The output of
>gnatmake and the project file I used are given below.

map_simple_cached_multiple_unbounded_managed_iterator is a package
that requires a body.  So you should either figure out why you don't
have one, or if you don't actually use this package, you could simply
delete the spec.

The GNAT compiler should really be saying "linking error", rather than
"compilation error", because in Ada95 missing bodies (even of generic
packages) are considered harmless until link time.

     -- Dan Eilers