From: Dmitry A.Kazakov <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Requeue in GNAT 3.14p (Linux)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:11:54 +0200
Date: 2002-06-20T09:11:54+02:00	[thread overview]

Pascal Obry wrote:

> Dmitry A. Kazakov <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> writes:
>
>> The following code is the distilled problem. When a chain of external
>> requeues returns back to a protected object it causes a hang-up on the
>> last requeue. It happens in GNAT 3.14p under Linux. Interestingly is
>> that under Windows NT it works. I found nothing in ARM that forbids
>> that. Is it a GNAT bug?
>
> You can't have IO in a protected object.

Sure, but it works in GNAT, which is nice when debugging is needed.

>Does it hang if you remove the IO?

Yep.

BTW, Windows version allows some things that are bouded errors according to
ARM. For instance, [if I correctly remember] one can do an external call to
a procedure of same protected object and it will not hang. But Linux
version will hang. But this is of course OK according to ARM. Though it is
a nastsy kind of error which is very hard to track down.

--
Regards,
Dmitry Kazakov